perjantai 29. joulukuuta 2017

Greenleaf Glencroft

It has been a while since I last posted anything. About 3 years, I think. However, now I'm back and I want to document my building of Greenleaf Glecroft dollhouse. I ordered the kit from Overstock through eBay. It was on a 13% discount and the shipping cost to Finland was quite reasonable considering the size and weight of the package, and of course the fact that it was delivered to my house.

Before the kit even arrived, I researched a lot about building Greenleaf dollhouses in general and of course about the Glencroft. I also planned ahead what I would do with walls, floors, ceilings, fireplaces etc. However, I have now realized that I can't really do everything in the order I wished. I, for example, wanted to paint the downstairs fireplace before putting the wall in place, but that is not going to happen. I just hope I have enough room to maneuver when the time for that comes.

I have now spent a few days just punching out the first few pieces, dry fitting and sanding them. Yesterday I started the glueing process by connecting the back foundation well with the floor. It wasn't as easy as it looks, since the long strip had bent a bit an you had to keep the pieces together until the glue was somewhat dry. After that I did what you see in the picture.  I kept the piece in place with painters tape. The red, yellow and white thing is Lego pieces stuck together to form a straight angle.

After that I have now glued the next two pieces in place. Again, the Lego straight angle is in use, as well as the tape and a clamp. Unfortunately we only have this one good clamp and two plastic dollhouse clamps. The rest are flimsy and small plastic ones that probably are going to be useful only when I glue the ceiling beam pieces together.

That's it for today. I'll post again in a few days when I've made some more progress.

1 kommentti:

  1. Nyt on mielenkiintoista projektia tulossa uudelle vuodelle!
    Onneksi koko vuosi edessä. :) Hyvää Uutta Vuotta!